Gold mineral rights
- Historic anomalism, defined targets
- Northern extension of Zuleika Shear
- Heritage survey focused on target areas at Perrinvale completed by anthropologist-led group of local elders
- For the purposes of exploration and associated field activities, no impediments were noted for the areas of interest
- The traditional knowledge holders that participated in the survey give informed consent to the exploration program within the survey areas
- KalGold is defining initial programs to test gold targets at Pine Well, and along the outcropping portion of the Zuleika-Ballard shear system
- Initial field reconnaissance trips by KalGold to the Perrinvale project area have been completed with work ongoing
The Perrinvale Project consists of two tenements which cover an area of approximately 195 km² located 85 km west of Leonora.
There is no historical or modern mining activity located within the tenements, with the closest being the Matisse, Quinn Hill and Forest-Belle/Boudie Rat prospects located 4–7 km to the south. These prospects also have current MREs. St George Mining Limited Mt Alexander nickel-copper-cobalt-PGE deposit is located just to the west. A MRE on this deposit is pending.
The tenements lie within the Coolgardie Domain and the regional geology consists of mafics and ultramafics of the Mt Ida Greenstone Belt, bounded by granitic intrusions. There is extensive cover over the tenements. The major structural feature of the area is the Zuleika Shear, which is postulated to continue into the eastern margin of the tenements. Further to the south this shear hosts the Matisse/Quinn Hill/Forest-Belle/Boudie Rat prospects.
Past exploration activities in the area have focussed on nickel sulphides, diamonds, paleochannel hosted uranium and gold. However there has been very limited detailed exploration within the actual tenements (postulated to be due to the extensive cover).
KalGold have made thorough review of historic exploration programs at Perrinvale has identified several targets showing low-level gold anomalism. Cover thickness varies between prospects from very thin (metre scale) to over 40 m in places. None of the targets have been tested. The Zuleika/Ballard Shear system controls gold mineralisation throughout the region. To the north of the Perrinvale project is the Ida Valley project (Techgen Resources; ASX:TG1), and to the south is the Mt Ida mining centre in the Mt Ida greenstone belt. The Zuleika/Ballard Shear passes through the eastern portion of KalGold’s tenure, with second-order structures following the greenstone sequences throughout. The identified targets are expected to be drill tested with an aircore program.